On this day…
- in 1923 Harry Houdini frees himself from a straight jacket while suspended upside down , 40 feet above ground in New York City.
- in 1931 Al Capone is indicted on 5,000 counts of prohibition and perjury.
- in 1964 Nelson Mandela is sentenced to life in prison in South Africa.
- A report by the Association of British Insurers says the way some advanced vehicles are described can convince motorists that they have self-driving cars, when that is not the case. | BBC |
- Hundreds of personal email addresses were sent out to residents of West Sussex, when the County Council responded to their comments on plans to build an incinerator in Horsham. | WS County Times |
- ICO have fined the Bible Society with £100,000 fine after a breach of it’s user’s data | IT Pro Portal |
Health and Safety Executive
- Westminster Magistrates Court imposed a substantial fine on RRS London Waste Papers Ltd following the death of an employee. | Penningtons Manches LLP, Lexology |
Did you know?
A chinese angler has caught a fish with a pigeon-shaped head! | The Mirror |